Sunday 20 December 2009

You know, I really feel like feet haven’t touched the floor over the last few weeks and this week just gone wasn’t any different.
It’s all been good though!

Thursday was especially busy, starting with the usual weekly shop with dad.

Next I had an appointment at the opticians to pick up my new glasses; well the pair that will see me through until the cataract is ready to be removed that is.

To be honest, when I first put them on I thought they had got the prescription wrong because they really made my head swim, so she had to go and check that they had been made up right. It seems they were ok though and the reason for the strange feeling I was getting was due to the vast amount of change to the lens.
Apparently the change is usually a quarter of a dioptre at a time but the operation that I had has changed mine by three dioptres in one fail swoop.
It’s taken me three days to get used to wearing then but now I’ll feeling more comfortable and things are getting back to normal and hopefully I get down to a bit more crafting and stitching at long last.

Thursday evening I had my friends Susan & Edd round for a meal.

I’m going over to them on Boxing Day so this was intended as my Christmas offering to them.
It went well and I managed not to poison anyone!

I was worried though because I was trying out a Jamie Oliver recipe that I’d seen on TV and never tried before. ……Pork with Peaches……..and it was yummy!

After launching my Daring Cardmakers dare on Friday, which I will come to in a minute, I spent the rest of the day baking mince pies, sausage rolls and some cute little Cupcake Christmas Cakes, which I still need to ice.


Then to finish the week off, I was out Saturday afternoon and evening.

Every year for the fast four years we have gone to the Royal Albert Hall in London for a pre show meal and Christmas Sing-a-Long.


It’s a real party atmosphere and really good excuse to sing (or try to in my case) at the top of your voice without anyone worrying about what they sound like.

There’s even a Mexican Wave goes around the auditorium several times at one point during the evening and that includes the choir and orchestra as well…..it’s fab.

Now I’m not complaining because I’ve enjoyed all of the Christmas preparation and fun stuff but I’m looking forward to a quieter week next week.

Right then, onto the dare I set over at the Daring Cardmakers……I thought, as we are coming to the end of the year and about to start not only a New Year but a New Decade it would be great to make cards celebrating something new. It could be a New Home, as I’ve made or a New Job or New Baby, even a New Day if that’s what takes your fancy.

Pop over and see what The Girls have come up with to wet your appetite and then why not join in with our last dare of the year.

Mine was rather a simple card but I love the effect of stamping directly onto patterned paper.
In this case I stamped three of the little houses onto my card blank and one onto patterned paper, which I cut out and stuck over the top of the middle one. The other two I’ve coloured with chalks to give a little subtle colour and then I added two borders of the same paper, top and bottom and the greeting.

If I don’t see you again before the big day, I hope Santa fetches you all the crafty goodies that were on your list……I know I have one or two that were on mine!

I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year
Lots of Love
Sue
x x x


Square Card Blank – Craft Creations (Embossed Hammer)
Patterned Papers – K & Co (Hopscotch)
Inks –Tsukineko VersaFine (Black) Tim Holts Distress Ink (Faded Jeans)
Rubber Stamp – Inkadinkado (Homestead)
Chalks – Readicut Decorating Chalks
Dies – Sizzlets – Alphabet (Hunky Dory)

5 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Sue, sounds like you're keeping busy during this festive time!!
Your card is adorable, love the paper pieced house, really adds a fun touch!!!
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Blessings, Maria

Lynda said...

You're definitely making up for the weeks you spent indoors after the operation - good on you! The Albert Hall do looked brilliant and I can't sing either lol I wish I could though. Love your card - I do love blue and green together. Thanks for a great dare and I hope you have a very Happy Christmas Sue.

Love Lynda xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

You need Christmas to be a break!Well done on perservering with the glasses - I know that feeling and it's horrid.
Happy Christmas!

Laura said...

Thanks so much for the comment :) I really like your work! Count me in as a follower. ;) Have a wonderful day!

Cindy Groh said...

Love that little house card. Very cute:)