Monday 24 January 2011

Stylish Blogger………..who me?


A couple of weeks back the lovely Ady very kindly awarded me this Stylish Blogger award and it’s taken me until now to add it to my blog and pass it on to no less than fifteen other ‘stylish’ bloggers who deserve recognition.

There were a couple of conditions that went with it, the first being that I share seven things with you about myself that you may or may not already know, so here goes…………

1) I’m 54 and retired.
Actually I retied at 47 when I found myself in the lucky position of being offered severance from my job with the Bank of England and being over forty I was allowed to take my pension. I can happily say I’ve never looked back.


2) My first love hobby wise is cross stitching, although I have always crocheted and knitted for as long as I can remember. But I can’t sew a straight line on a sewing machine for toffee though!

3) I’m mum to this good looking little fellow.


His name is BoJangles and he’s a 7 year old rescue cat who’s been with me for five years now. He’s very loving and would eat all day long if I allowed him too.

4) I had my first major operation at the age of four after swallowing a cherry stone. It got stuck in my appendix, which had to be removed in an emergency operation but it burst while they were removing it causing an abscess and I then needed to have another operation a couple of days later to clear up the infection.

5) My favourite colour is Lavender and has been for as long as I can remember.
I must admit, it’s not a colour that wear very often, because it doesn’t go very well with my very White hair but from a very young age my room and other belongings have been in those shades.
In fact, only this week I have brought myself a lovely Lilac overnight bag to use as hand luggage when I go away to Denver in a couple of weeks time…..and it’s sooooo scrummy!

6) When I was 7 I almost crushed my Left hand by accidentally putting it through the electric wringer/mangle on the top of my mum’s washing machine.
Bet not many people can claim to have done that!

Picture the scene………It’s Sunday morning.
Lunch is in the oven and mum is in the kitchen finishing off the last of the washing. I arrive home from Sunday school and want to help her finish up. Mum says no but I keep on worrying her so she relents and gives me a Blue face cloth to put the wringer. She waits to retrieve it at the other side but instead of the face cloth, my fingers emerge and panic ensues. Needless to say lunch was ruined because the rest of the day was spent in A & E but thankfully there were no broken bones and I had escaped with no more damage than bad bruising.

7) I’ve had my fifteen minutes of fame.
It was when I submitted a picture of one of my cross stitch projects to The World Of Cross Stitching and became their ‘Stitcher of the Month’.

The project was of my first rescue cat Emily.


I had taken a digital photo of her and turned it into a graph using a computer program. I think they liked my story because Emily used to sit on my lap while I was stitching to keep an eye on my progress. I think she wanted to make sure I was doing her justice.

Well that’s my seven facts about myself; I hope you’ve found them interesting.

Now onto the fifteen people I would like to pass the award onto…not an easy task when you visit so many different people over time. Still, I’ve managed to whittle my list down to the number needed and if you’re not on my list it doesn’t mean to say I don’t find your blog inspirational, more that I would be here all week typing this.

So here goes.


1)Slightly Squiffy
The first spot has to go to one of my very first blog mates Lythan who is not only a crafting pal but has become a very very good friend over the seven years I have known her. Her craft work is simply beautiful and that’s borne out by the fact that she has just been awarded Runner Up in the Scrapbooker of the Year competition which is well deserved if you ask me. Please pop across to her blog and see yourself, I’m sure you’ll agree.

All the rest are in no particular order but all have inspired me in one way or another over the years and I thank you for that.

2) Kathy’s Waffle
3) All That Glitters
4) A Stitch in Time
5) Twiglet
6) Paula’s Paper Playground
7) Lisa’s Craft Garden
8) Manic Stamper
9) Lynda Loves Crafting
10) Glimpsing The Past
11) Stamped Smiles
12) Simply One Of A Kind
13) Simply Sue
14) My Crafty Outlook


So there you have it.

Thank you again to Ady for thinking my blog worthy of such an award, I really appreciate it.

Sue
X

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

Thanks Sue.. I'm really flattered!
Chrissie

Anonymous said...

AWW!! You are so very sweet Sue!! Thank you so much for the award hun!! I appreciate you giving it to me and checking my blog!! I'm following you hun!!HUGS

lisa said...

Thanks so much Sue. I shall wear it with pride.
Thanks for sharing those 7 interesting facts. It's amazing how alike us crafters are!! I love x-stitch too but can't use a sewing machine except for the simpliest of tasks and dressmaking is like double dutch despite my Mum trying to teach me on numerous occasions.
We also have 2 rescue cats, Nerys and Oscar. Mum and Son.
Hugs Lisax

Unknown said...

Hi Sue

Thank you so much for this award. You are very kind and thoughtful.

Thank you also for sharing your story - I'm sorry for the loss of your Dad too. Hope everything works out for you and you continue to enjoy your crafts. Please go to my blog and add yourself in the comments for some blogaversary candy - and thank you for being a follower.

sending you hugs

Paula x x x

Annie said...

Thanks Sue for thinking of me.
Hugs,
A x

Ady said...

You're welcome, Sue. Your cross-stitch of Emily is stunning!! I'm off to visit the bloggers on your list. :-)

Angie said...

Thank you for the award ...It means a great deal to me that others enjoy the stories.I will find it hard to sort out who to pass it on to but I will soon have it proudly displayed on my blog ...just need to get organized . Loved your 7 facts
Take care of yourself xx

Twiglet said...

Thanks Sue for the lovely comments and the award!

Kathy said...

Thank you for this Sue - coming from someon who is always a wonderful inspiration it's a real honour.

I've been a bit caught up with stuff this week (new Funky Hand CD goes "live" on Sunday.....) but I will get to my facts and inspirations asap!

Lynda said...

Awwww thanks so much Sue - Don't think I'll be able to follow your 7 interesting facts it was such a good read.

Love Lynda xxx