Wednesday 17 July 2013

WOYWW 215 –

Once again   Julia   is presiding over the weekly blog hop over at The Stamping Ground, so if you love a good old nosy around peoples work spaces as I do, then pop across and join in the fun.

This week my desk is all about cross stitch but before I show you what’s on there I really need to apologies to those that visited me last week and didn’t receive a return call from me. 

My usual strategy is to visit those who’s number ends the same as mine and those who call in on me, with a few ‘special’ friends thrown in for good measure but last week didn’t go to plan.  I started off ok but as the days passed things just seemed to get in the way of computer time and I failed miserably, so my promise to those I didn’t get to last week is that they will be the first I go to this week and I hope they forgive me.

So as I was saying, it’s cross stitch all the way this week.

 
With baby ‘Pip’s’ arrival still imminent I’ve still not been able to finish off the sampler, so I’ve been having a sort out of some threads and have stated a ‘Dumbo’ square for a SOLAK quilt

 
I plan to move on the August calendar panel that you can see at the back next, to finish that off before TUSAL (Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long) on August 5th and then make a start on the cute Eeyore for the SOLAK quilt after that, so lots to keep me quiet.

That’s all I have to share with you this week, apart from some pictures of the latest batch of nineteen  cards for the  LillyBo Quilt cards   which are winging there way to JO as we speak.


 


Happy Crafting!

Sue

x

 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

love your desk lots of craftyness going on, thanks for the snoop

Happy WOYWW
Jay NO.65

ike said...

Utterly GORGEOUS cards.... I really like those :-)

Happy WOYWW 215

IKE in Greece #33

sandra de said...

Gorgeous cards for a wonderful project. Don't worry about not getting around to people... I think it all works out in the end. Have a lovely week.
Sandra @89

Krisha said...

OMGoodness Sue, those cards for the quilts are so awesome!! I love your cross stitch, never got hooked on it myself, but I do admire CS works.
Thanks for stopping by.
Krisha #5

sandysewin said...

Those quilt cards are gorgeous, love all the different colors.

Happy Woyww!

Sandy #28

Eliza said...

You are one really busy girl, oh those cards are amazing what an enormous job and the quilts to go with them, goodness me that is a lot of work. It is so nice doing something for someone else, it makes you feel so good inside.

Happy WOYWW Eliza 26

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Sue, can't manage time to join in this week with WOYWW but had to pop in to say a HUGE thanks for the cards. They arrived just as I was going out to deliver some quilts to the hospital. Perfect timing! I first went to my quilt group ad opened them in the car and the ladies were all wanting to buy them! I told them that they are priceless! Then at the hospital, Eddie said "They are priceless"!!! I must agree, you are so generous and they are so appreciated.
Love jo x

Lucy said...

Oh my goodness! A fellow cross stitcher! I thought I was the only one! All the pieces are looking fab, and I particularly love the red flowers with border piece. Dumbo is looking sweet. Keep up the good work! Lucy #67 x

ria gall said...

Hi Sue
we all understand how life gets in the way it happens to the best of us.
Your cross stitching is fantastic and as for your cards wow you are amazing
Have a great day and enjoy the rest of your week with this lovely weather
Ria #75

ddazzled71 said...

Wow you have been busy, both your cross stitch and cards are fabulous! Happy WOYWW! Danie #34

Annie said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for calling by at mine yesterday. I'm only just getting round to doing a bit of blog hopping to check out what my friends have been up to this week....a 6am to 9pm day with my gorgeous grandchildren yesterday sort of got in the way of blogging....but I'm not complaining cos it was a wonderful day. :-)
I really hope the new little arrival goes well and you get all your x stitching finished in time. Those LillyBo cards are stunning Sue....I'm not surprised you didn't get time for blog hopping last week :-)
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
A x #55

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards! And to echo, it isn't just about the return visit. I never mind cause I know how stuff gets in the way. I miss people all the time. I try, but then life gets in the way.

See, I'm late this week!

Happy (late) WOYWW!
Mary Anne (35)

MiniOwner said...

Hi Sue! Wow those cards are amazing! And don't worry about return visits - I know how busy things can get. Happy Wednesday ... better late than never :o)
Sue x (MiniOwner@96)