Sunday 23 December 2012

We Wish You A Merry Christmas!

Well, I guess I don’t have to tell you that I’ve been a really bad blogger of late.
In fact the last time I blogged was the 14th November, so I thought it was about time I got on here and told you what I’ve been up to in that time.


I have still been crafting.
You know, the usual Christmas card orders, personal Christmas cards, presents, wrappings and tags but my time management has been rubbish and I’ve not taken photos of any of it before posting it out, so I had no pictures to share.

At the start of December I had a little trip away.

My friend Sandy and I thought we would chance the German Christmas markets again this year. It was a little daunting after the horror of last year when my cousin had a stroke on our first evening away and what started out as a three day break turned into a three week one but this year the trip was uneventful and we managed to come home with the rest of our friends on the coach. Jane decided that she wouldn’t come with us this time, which I can fully understand but she’s making good progress, so hopefully she’ll be feeling a bit braver next year.

We couldn’t visit Rüdesheim without partaking of a Rüdesheim coffee, now could we!




I’ve also made a really big decision in the time I’m been away.

It’s taken me a while, but I’ve finally decided to finish up the business side of Sue’s Krafty Cards, so as of the end of the year I’ll no longer be self-employed.

It’s a bit of a relief if I’m honest, because I always seemed to be working to a tight schedule. More often than not the orders were given to me at the very last minute and it had got to the stage that what started out as an enjoyable hobby was no longer a pleasure any more.

I’ll still be making personal cards and will spend more time on my heritage album which has been badly neglected but I also want to get back into my stitching more and dig out my crochet hooks because I have a baby’s shawl to make, so I’ll still be around.


Anyway, the main point of this post was that I wanted to take this opportunity to wish all my lovely followers, friends from to What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday and everyone else who visits my little corner of blog land, a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.


I’ll leave you with a few photos of my Living room.


This is my crystal Penguin from Tiffany, New York

The picture is 'Oh Christmas Tree', one of my counted cross stitch projects that comes out every year.  Here's a Closer Look at it.

Here's another of my counted cross stitch projects, 'Celtic Christmas'. For a closer look See Here.
Happy Crafting!

Sue

x

13 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

Beautiful post Sue. Thanks for popping in on me and I want to return your lovely Christmas Greetings.
I wish you good luck in your change of business and hope things work out well whatever you do.
Your tree and living room look so festive with all your special keepsakes.
Hope it's a Happy Christmas and a creative 2013.
love jo x

JoZart Designs said...

Thought I was already a follower but I am now! ps good for you getting to the German Markets after last year's traumas. I bet that coffee helped steady the nerves! It looks like a place I've been to in Lubeck... lovely dresses on the waitresses too.
Jo x

Annie said...

Gorgeous pics Sue. Thanks for calling by at mine earlier. Really hope you have a wonderful Christmas with everything that makes you happy.
Hugs,
A x

Angie said...

Thank you for dropping by ...I too have beem MIA re WOYWW ...not that there has been much action.!!
Your room and tree is gorgeous and your time away looked fun.
I think you have made the best decision ever ....when a hobby you love is used to make money and then becomes a chore, there really is no point.
Have a great Xmas ...thanks for inspiring me ....your work is beautiful. xx

Elizabeth said...

Hello Sue, nice to see you again. I can quite understand your decision to give up self-employment - having been self-employed myself for a goodly number of years until I retired (not in cardmaking but another line of business altogether). I'm sure you will enjoy the freedom of crafting for yourself so let me wish you a happy 2013 and a Merry Christmas to you and yours. Elizabeth xx

okienurse said...

Looks like you have had a fun time decorating. Love all the Christmasy stuff and those crossstitch canvases are awesome!
I go to a German Restaurant about 5 miles from me that serves a coffee at looks like that! I will try it next time!
I understand your business issues. When it becomes tedious and not fun anymore it is time to move on. I was teaching lots of classes but I came to the same decision this year...if it isn't fun it isn't worth it to me!
Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Glad to hear you will be joining up with WOYWW again!!
Vickie

House of Bears said...

What a lovely tree. We wanted to come and say Happy Christmas and thank you for your lovely words on our blog, xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hi there Sue!

I had wondered where you'd got to! I'm glad you're ok and been having a great time. The Christmas markets sound amazing, I'll get there one day.
That was a big decision to make regarding your business but when something is too much of a hassle, it's not worth carrying on. I'm sure you'll still have lots to occupy you if you're anything like me!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas ( I LOVE your decorations btw) - here's to a happy and healthy 2013.
Much love,
Jan xxxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Happy Christmas Sue. Glad you had an I eventful return trip to Germany and glad to hear that your cousin is doing well. Think you're right bout the business too, am in no doubt that you'll re-find the hobby pleasure within weeks.

Sheila said...

Hi Sue
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.
Looks like we are both fans of Lavender and Lace cross stitch. I have the Celtic Christmas and wish I had done the Christmas Tree one too but I did the lady with the geese instead. Now I couldn't cope with cross stitch as my near sight is so bad.
Sorry you have given up the business side of your cardmaking but I know how you feel.
Enjoy your scrapping and sewing.
Hugs
Sheila-x-

Neet said...

Ooh, will now have to look up about that Christmas market (as you have probably read I was in Berlin this year) as I love visiting them.
Thanks for popping in and thanks for the opportunity to see all your lovely pictures (cross stitch) and alal the other wonderful photos.
May I wish you and yours a very Special Christmas and a Good New Year.

Hugs, Neet (new follower) 12 on WOYWW

lisa said...

I'm so glad your trip was uneventful this year, Sue and you could relax and enjoy the beautiful markets. I love Germany and the traditional Christmases they enjoy. That coffee looks wonderful!!
Your home is equally lovely. What a stunning tree and I had to stop and admire your lovely x-stitch pictures.
I hope you really enjoy having time to craft just for yourself again, sometimes we get caught up in other things and forget why we crafted in the first place don't we.
I hope you have a really Happy Christmas and a very Peaceful and Healthy New Year.
Hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.