Wednesday 21 September 2011

WOYWW?……….Lots! (#120)

As you must know by now Wednesday’s are the day we all join in a worldwide blog hop to visit everyone’s craft desks and generally have a good old nosey at what everyone has been up to this week.

I've taken some photos of my desk this morning but they’ve got nothing on the pictures that greeted me when I popped in to visit Wipso   this morning………........beautiful photos of the Twins that we have all been waiting for with bated breath.

Thanks to Wipso we’ve had updates on their development all through ‘M’ pregnancy and so many of us have been waiting for the news of their arrival.
So it’s Congratulations to ‘M’ and her OH and of course to Nan and Granddad and a big welcome to the world for little Lexi and Sam. They’re so beautiful!

Ok so now to what’s on my desk this morning……well, it’s a collection of things really that are left over from yesterday.


First is the Album sitting at the back of the desk under the pile of Christmas cards.

This is out because it’s full of Wedding Stationery that I’ve made in the past and a few samples and I was showing it to a friend of my God Daughter who has asked me to possibly do her stationery for her.
I haven’t worked on any big orders like this since doing Nichola’s at the start of last year so it will be a nice change to have something to get my teeth into.

(These are the ones I did for my God Daughter last year)

Carol already has an idea of what she wants so it’s just a case of sourcing the materials, making a sample and coming up with a price, so watch this space!

Next up is a pile of cards I’ve been working on.

All of these were made using toppers that I had made in the past but still had to mount onto the actual card and one of them was mounted onto one of my ‘need a card in a hurry’ card blanks. These are the ones I make with the scraps I have out after a crafting secession. Instead of putting paper scraps away never to be seen again now try to make a few card bases so that if I need a car in a hurry I just need to slap, sorry I mean add the topper. I have quite a collection now and although the one I’ve used wasn’t for a card I needed in a hurry on this occasion, it seemed to suit the topper I had to hand.






Last but not least are the Christmas cards I was working on last week.

Because I tend to work a stage at a time when I work in batches so I still don’t have a completely finished card to show you. I’m almost there though, I just need to add the greeting.




30 made and 20 to go!


So that’s the weekly tour of my desk, why not show us yours if you haven’t already?
Go visit Julia at The Stamping Ground and she’ll set you on the right road to join in with What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

Thanks for stopping by.
I’m off to grab a coffee now and settle in for a trip around your Workdesk myself now.

Happy Crafting until next time!

Sue
x

14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Blimey, you're a busy gal!! I take my hat off to you for doing the wedding stationery, that's a big ol' job with lots of pressure to get it right. I couldn't hack it....
Lovely cards, I was drawn to the plates one, really liked that pattern of circles of diminishing size. Very pleasing, as was the cut out white background of the Christmas card. Have a good week! Hugs, LLJ xx

Twiglet said...

Haven't you been busy!! Lovely cards Sue - I especially like the ones with the little flower toppers - very pretty. x Jo

Anonymous said...

WOWZER girl!! You've been so busy making lots of really gorgeous and elegant creations!! I especially love the shoe and floral designs! :) TFS!! HUGS

Fuchsia said...

Fantastic work and space !

lisa said...

You are busy, Sue. The wedding stationary is looking lovely. You're brave taking on such a big job.
The cards are gorgeous and I love how you make all your Xmas cards in stages. They are looking lovely so far.
Good Luck with it all.
hugs Lisax

Marjo said...

Great projects and great space. Love all the stoThanks for sharing, have a great WOYWW!

xoxo Marjo #36rage.

Angie said...

Beautiful cards. Good luck with the wedding stationery ....a big job....rather you than me ...do you just charge for the bits or do you work out your time costs too ??? Love the one in the photo matching the cake.xx

Helen said...

Good grief, you've been busy! I've never attempted wedding stattionery - think I'd be too scared of messing some up - good luck!

Sheila said...

Oh lordy......I am so ashamed of my work desk that I won't even let family in the room let alone show it on the www. Yours looks so tidy.
Lovely cards Sue.
Hugs
Sheila-x-

Harborough Dad said...

Lovely cards Sue. Thanks for sharing.

Jumbleberries xx

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Cute cards! Love that shoe. :)

ScrappnBee said...

Wow! You have been super busy! I don't think that I have created that much in a month, let along a week! Thanks for sharing your WOYWW! -Amanda

Anonymous said...

Wow you're busy! Wedding stationary would be such a big job, I think it would be hard to recuperate your costs, especially the time spent. Love all the cards, especially the Christmas one, even in it's unfinished state as I love PB and Christmas so that's a winner. Lots of fiddly cutting by the look of it. PB @ Allsorts are looking for Christmas cards, you can get this entered if you're quick!

Thanks so much for the kind words re my FIL, sadly I heard from my husband that he passed away today at noon uk time. At least it was very peaceful and his family were with him. I've just booked a flight home, I'll be there (Cambridge) on Sunday sometime.

Hugs
Brenda

Tertia said...

My goodness, you were busy! Great cards, wish I had 30 Christmas cards made, but I am still struggling to get my head around the whole Christmas thing in September.
Happy belated WOYWW