Friday 19 August 2011

My Parents Wedding



OK, panic over……….I’ve managed to get in touch with my brother and now know the name of the church were my mum and dad were married, so I’ve been able to finish my LO

I even managed to find this fab photo of it.


I’ve had a play with it in Photoshop to change to opacity, printed it out onto some white vellum and I’m planning to use it as a backing sheet for another page I’m going to do with more of the wedding photos, so that’s my next task.
But while you wait with batted breath for that one, here’s one I made earlier!

Click on the picture for a clearer look.


The frame was made by cutting the panels from one of the Basic Grey patterned papers and I’ve mitred the corners so that it fits together.
I’ve then cut out extra flowers and decoupage them to the frame and finished it off with some Glossy Accents and some Gold Peel-Off corners.

I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out to be honest!

The flowers were put together with some that were in my stash.
I’ve no idea where the large velvet ones came from but the Cream ones were bargain silk flowers that I brought in Dunelm Mill and pulled to bits………..really cheap and you end up with loads.
For the centres I’ve used some of the little Lemon Roses were in the candy that Brenda sent me recently.

I had fun with the ribbon too.

It’s actually seam binding rather than ribbon, that came from The Ribbon Girl.
To add interest to it I’ve folded it back and forth as I stuck it down and then sewed antique Mother of Pearl buttons along it at intervals.

But even after all that I still felt my page needed a something else so I decided to add the little dove and heart charms but they were Silver and didn’t really go with the page so it was my Krylon pen to the rescue and……….. ta dah……… Gold Charms!

Please pop across to my heritage site Family Footprints In The Sands Of Time, to read the full story of my mum and dad’s wedding day and find out an interesting little bit of trivia regarding someone famous.

Oh, I almost forgot, The Ribbon Girl Blog have a challenge on at the moment to use ribbon on a card or project so I’m going to enter my LO in the off chance of winning some fantastic bling.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sue
X

I've used :-

Patterned & Plain Papers
Cappella – Basic Grey


Other Stuff
Journaling Sticker and Wedding Tag – Basic Grey (Cappella)
Distress Ink – Ranger (Scattered Straw)
Yellow Roses - Recollections (Boutique Fleur)
Cream Seam Binding - The Ribbon Girl

From Stash
Velvet & Silk Flowers
Vintage Mother of Pearl Buttons
Heart & Dove Charms
Gold Brads
Gold Thread



1 comment:

Andrea said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Girl this month, we hope to see you again soon