Wednesday 20 July 2011

Wednesday’s child is full of wow (#111)

But not today because Wednesdays are the day we all visit The Stamping Ground for a taste of What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

Because I’ve been away for a few days (see previous post) I’ve been catching up on a few cards for a friend who asks me to make all her cards for her, so my desk this morning has the makings of an Anniversary card that I was half way through………. and the usual mess that I always seem to work in.


Here’s the finished card, made using the beautiful Basic Gray Cappella papers.


I just love the colour range in this collection.
My card is decorated with a covered chipboard heart, handmade paper roses and some tiny gemstones for a touch of added glitz.

Next I made a birthday card using the July template from Kathy’s Waffle Sketch File


More Basic Gray papers for this one but this time they are from my ‘Marrakech’ pad that’s been hanging around for what seems like a life time.


I’m trying to use it all up but I’m not quite there yet….will be soon though and then I will have an excuse to go out and buy another new pad. (as if I need an excuse. Lol!)

Also this week I can also show you another couple of those boxes that I’ve been making, seeing as I now know my dear friend Sharon has received hers.

The original was in an old edition of Craft Stamper and it was made using using the beautiful Wrought Iron Gate stamp from Paper Artsy. You can see the first one I made at the end of this post Here


I’ve used papers printed from the Glenda Waterworth Artylicious ‘Butterfly Bliss’ CD to decorate the box and filled all the little drawers with jewelry findings and the centre tube with beads and I’ve made some beaded charms to decorate the five tags.

Click on the pictures for a better look.


And here’s a glimpse of the third box, this one is for my friend Nicki in Switzerland.


It’s basically the same as Sharon’s but Nicki’s is filled with sewing things and the centre tube with buttons.


So that’s about all there is to show you for now.

I’m not sure if there’ll be much to show you next week as I’m going to see the new Harry Potter film tomorrow and I’m at a big family party at the weekend.
It seems that I don’t do anything or go anywhere for ages and then it all comes along together , not that I’m complaining but hopefully there’ll be a least some small thing to share come next Wednesday, so until then………..

Happy Crafting!

Sue
x

20 comments:

Annie said...

What beautiful items you have to show us today Sue. You have been so busy.
A x

Kathleen said...

What an inspiring collection of craftiness. Thank you for sharing.
Kathleen x

Lynda said...

What a busy bee you are! Love all the projects you've shown us today and great to see you using Kathy's sketch too.

Love Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

Oh Sue these projects are all fabulous. Those boxes are stunning and the cards are lovely. I really like the flower embellishment on your Sketch File card - thanks for joining in http://kathyswafflesketchfile.blogspot.com/

Angie said...

Ilove those cards especially the second one ...great take on the sketch....but OMG WOW those boxes are spectacular...I keep looking at them ...making one would finish me ...and you made three!! .... absolutely beautiful.

Lavinia said...

WOW......your a busy busy bee! Love the Basic Grey card, beautiful Capella papers and nice composition! And your second Craft Stamper Box is wondeful! Well done you! Enjoy your busy week!
Lavinia
x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

While I adore your treasure boxes, I really love that aniversary card - it's so elegant and simple, absolutely beautiful :D xx

Jackie said...

Hiya Susie Sue! Your card is absolutely lovely, I love the subtle colours on those papers.
Those boxes are just fab, Sharon and Nicki are very lucky ladies :)
Thanks for playing along at Kathy's Waffle Sketch File.
Jackie xx

Julia Dunnit said...

The boxes are really quite amazing Sue...really you did a wonderful job. I love the BG ranges, but I think Capella comes higher up the list than most..lovely card.

dianneo said...

Love the Basic Grey papers, so pretty!

Pam said...

Beautiful boxes. Hugs Pam x

PaperArtsy said...

Ohh Loving the box with the big wrought iron stamp on it!! Well...loving everything ...of course....but that did catch my eye! LOL xx

Leandra

Anonymous said...

Wow Sue, those boxes are amazing! So much work and detail, just beautiful! Love the cards too but those boxes are just stunning. We're supposed to be going to see HP tonight but I think it will be another time as we're having a busy week socially speaking, and we're also out Friday and Saturday too. I need a night at home doing nothing!

Hugs
Brenda

Twiglet said...

Your boxes are real little works of art and filled with such useful stuff. Hope you like the Harry Potter film - have a good week. x Jo

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wow, those are lovely boxes you made! and the anniversary card is just gorgeous! i too love the colors of those papers and the little roses go so well with them. really gorgeous!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm really impressed with those boxes. You have made a lot of artful goodness this week, that's for sure. I really like the combination of red and blue in that card, too.

Shoshi said...

What utterly gorgeous explosion boxes! I adore explosion boxes and have mad a few, which you can see if you search for "explosion box" on my blog. They offer endless scope for creativity and imagination, and always elicit a "wow" from the recipient when they take the lid off - always a surprise!! Never done one with drawers so must give that a try.

SharonL said...

Dearest Sue, Just to say a huge Thank You for my wonderful explosion box ... it is indeed a work of art, so much detail and then when you get inside the lovely boxs with goodies in.
I love it and shall treasure it.
Love and hugs
Sharon. xx

Sue said...

Wow you have a wonderful workstation. lots of lovely storage too,
love your cards, you have been busy and those exploding boxes are just fab! Happy Crafting, Sue xx

Sylvia x said...

Wow!!! What great projects...x