Wednesday 6 July 2011

Oh What A Night (late December back in 63) and WOYWW (#108)

Now can you guess where I went yesterday?

Yep, to see ‘The Jersey Boys’ in London.

I have to say it’s the best show I’ve seen in ages which is borne out by the fact that the lady I was sitting next to in the stalls was watching her fourth performance and Ryan Molloy who played Frankie Valli had the most amazing voice. It’s well worth a visit if you get the chance and I can promise you an evening of well know songs to sing along to. We finished our evening off with a nice Italian meal before heading home on the tube so all in all we had a fab afternoon and evening.

Then just to finish the day off well I turned on my computer to find a lovely message on my blog from Brenda (Butlers Abroad) telling me that I was the lucky winner of her gorgeous blog candy that she was giving away in celebration of her 500th post so how fab was that and what a great end to my day.
Thanks so much Brenda.

Now then, on to What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, the weekly blog hop hosted by Julia, over at the Stamping Ground and on my desk today you can still see what I was working on the day before yesterday.


I really seem to have become hooked on stepper cards at the moment and with my new Hougie board they are so quick and simple to do but look like you’ve spent ages making them.

The two you can see are both the same but done in different colours and I also made this Lavender one which my friend Susan asked me to make for her mum’s birthday.


There’s not much else on interest, just the Promarkers used to colour the Butterflies and a few ink pads and other pariphanailia that I seem to accumulate on the desk when I’m working. I often wonder if I had a bigger desk to work on would it still get cluttered as much but I think we all know the answer to that one don’t we, Lol!

Here’s another stepper card, a wedding one this time, using a Digital Stamp Boutique digi stamp as the main image and I’ve coloured it with my Promarkers again.


I also have something else to show you.
Do you remember a couple of weeks ago I showed you this gorgeous box designed by Alix Waterhouse and was a project in Craft Stamper,




well I’ve finally finished mine.




Just a few differences in that I stamped my own backgrounds instead of using patterned papers and I made all my own little boxes. I just need to find something to fill them all with now!

Hope you all have a great week, see you next time.
Sue
x

11 comments:

Annie said...

What fab show and tells today Sue. Love the cards and that box is amazing :-)
A x

donnalouiserodgers said...

very beautiful work

dx

DottyA Cards & Things said...

OMG! You are just FULL of ideas...
Love the Stepper cards, so different and creative. Then the Beautiful Box... I just LOVE that box... you did a lovely job!

Lavinia said...

I really love your busy desk & the stepper cards are lovely! I was humming & arghing about buying a Houghie Board but think you have just sold me on it! They really take the trouble out of measuring dont they!
Lavinia
x

Andria said...

Wow! You have some fantastic projects underway. Love those butterflies, and that box is amazing! Happy WOYWW!

lisa said...

You sound like you've been having a lovely time, Sue. It's ages since I last went to the theatre. I used to love going but don't get so often nowadays. Congrats on your candy win too.
Your Stepper cards are gorgeous. I love the butterflies.
You have been busy, your finished box is stunning, it looks like a lot of work went into it.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisa #106

Angie said...

Not sure where to start ... lucky you ...an amazing show and blog candy too....as for your craftiness ....wow ..love it all ...need to go back and have another look at the boxes ...wow. xx

Twiglet said...

Oh such lovely projects Sue - the box is really pretty.

okienurse said...

Awesome stepper cards. I love all the different ways you can decorate them and still have them fold up in an envelope! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #44

. . . . . . . E BOOKS . . . . . . . ..Roy Jenner Thriller Writer . . . . . said...

You have to remember the roots of the Hydes reach far and wide - but you know that. Thank you for a breath of fresh air. It's years since I went home on the tube.

Roy (Hyde) Jenner in New Zealand

SharonL said...

Dearest Sue, Just thought i would drop by and see what it on your desk :)
I have to tell you other Blog hoppers that the pink butterfly card is mine and I have it here, in my mitts. It is the most beautiful card - well Sue, only makes very beautiful things and this is no exception.
Thank You Dear Sue ....
Love and hugs, Sharon. xx