Wednesday 12 September 2007

DCM - Tearing Purple Holes for Christmas

I don’t know about the rest of you but I found this week challenge over at Daring Cardmakers really difficult and challenging.
Actually come to think of it, I guess that’s why it’s called a challenge. Lol.

Here's the brief:-
Well, the time has come for our first Christmas card dare of 2007.But as loads of you have already shown some fab Christmas cards on your blogs, we thought we'd make things a little more Daring, interesting, tricky or downright mean - depending on your point of view!
So, we'd like you to make and show a Christmas card which incorporates the following:
Some Paper Tearing
The colour Purple
AND
It has to have at least one hole somewhere in the design!
......BUT by "hole" we don't just mean the sort of hole you poke a brad through, or the holes you make for/with stitching - or even the hole you make to put an eyelet in - although you can use all those techniques too if you want.
We want you to be a bit/lot more inventive and creative than that, and we think you'll be able to come up with some wonderful ideas for making cards to fit this recipe.


Well after much scratching of my head I eventually managed to come up with something but I’m not sure that the photos show it up very well.





I started by cutting a square aperture in the Lavender card and covering it with paper from the Hot Off The Press, Ultimate Christmas Creative Pack and then gave it a Lavender insert.
Next, I cut five snowflakes from Acetate using my Craft Robo and a template that I downloaded from UK Scrappers – Thanks for sharing Silene.
The largest snowflake I used as a stencil and inked over the top of it onto the insert so that it showed through the aperture. The remaining four were inked with Staz-On and then glued to the front of the card so that they overlap the hole.

I finished the card with some Mauve fibres and the sentiment ‘Let It Snow’ which was cut in my Tag-a-Long using a new Skittle Dee Do Alphabet from Sizzix.


Now I think I know what the answer is going to be to this but it’s got to be worth the try……
Can I use this card for my ‘Little Extra’ too because if you look closely two of the snowflakes are the same but one is larger than the other.




3 comments:

Kathy said...

Now this is really pretty Sue, love those stripes.

I guess we can let you have it for the LE too, well, if you're good!

Esther said...

I like the treanslucent effect on your card!

Clare said...

Very pretty, love the soft muted shades you've used.