Monday 3 September 2007

Celtic Summer

Another reason why there hasn’t been much card making going on recently is because I decided to make a concerted effort to finish off a cross stitch that I’ve been working on (more off than on to be honest) for the last year. To be fair I’ve been stitching other projects in between, one of which was a charity project that a group of us from the Crafts By Carolyn Forum were working on. If anyone’s interested the project is being featured in the next issue of The World Of Cross Stitching, so keep an eye out for us.

This is worked from a chart by Lavender and Lace and is called Celtic Summer.
I love their charts, especially these because they have lots of gold thread and bead work which is why this is the third one from this set that I’ve stitched.
Celtic Spring sits on my bedroom wall, Celtic Christmas come out every year and takes pride of place in my lounge and I already have the chart for Celtic Autumn for when I’m ready to start stitching the next one. There didn’t used to be a Celtic Winter because that was the Christmas one but I’m sure that I’ve seen Celtic Winter advertised somewhere so I’ll have to keep an eye open for that one.






Please forgive the photos as the piece still needs to be washed and ironed before I take it to be framed.






No comments: