Monday 3 September 2007

A Bygone Era

Over the last week or so I think I’ve been suffering with crafters block and it's resulted in my total neglect of all the challenges that I normally try to take part in. All last week was spent pushing paper and card around my craft table to no avail and I didn't manage to produce a single card.

All I can put it down to is that I’m having yet another mid life crisis.
My 51st birthday is looming this weekend and I DON’T WANT TO BE 51……….I didn’t want to be 50 last year and I don’t want to be 51 even more this year.
Sorry, wobbly over, I can’t change it so I guess I’m just going to have to come to terms with it aren’t I.

Anyway, where was I….Oh yes….. having had no luck producing any cards I finally decided to give up and drag out my scrapbook. I usually struggle with this too but a while ago I was given some wonderful old photos of my ancestors and decided to try and put together a Family Tree album which I’ve been working on for quite a while.

The good new is that I did actually managed to do one whole page……yah!!

These are Samuel and Rachel Simons, my maternal Great, Great, Great Grandparents.



Don’t you agree that they are such wonderful photos?
I can’t believe how lucky I am the have them and it’s a very strange feeling knowing that I’m related to the pair of them.

My journaling is hidden under the names and it’s made into a little 5 page book. Originally I was going to be brave and try to do this by hand but I handwriting isn’t tidy at the best of times and there’s no point if it can’t be read so I took the easy option and did it on my computer in the end.


I’ve used Brown Bazzil as a base and then two patterned papers from the 7 Gypsies Milano Collection.
The font is a Lettering Delights download Fancy Folk which I’ve resized and cut on my Craft Robo.
The corner scrolls and photo corners, which I’ve covered in Distress ink and the two little mother of pearl buttons were given to me in a RAK and the decorative brads, Legacy plaque and suede thong were from my stash.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This is beautiful Sue, what a lovely thing to haver made. I've got quite a lot of old photos and I treasure them