Wednesday 25 July 2007

Midweek ‘Little Extra’

Over at DCM’s they are keeping us busy as usual with the challenges and yesterday they gave us a new mid week extra.

This week we have a numerical Little Extra challenge for you:
"We've Got Your Number"
Numbers and Fun? Those two words don't often appear in the same sentence, do they?Well, we'd like you to have some fun with numbers and put a numeral on your card - it's as easy as that

I managed to do two cards but the first one I needed to run past Kathy first before showing it on here.


You see, I had been looking back at Kathy’s blog and come across one of her designs that I really liked. Intending to just use it as a starting point I set about making the card but when it was finished it ended up looking so much like Kathy's it was embarrassing. I honestly never intended it to be a copy but that’s how it turned out. Naturally, I wanted to run it by Kathy before showing it on my blog and what a star, she was fine about it so thanks Kathy, I owe you one!

So this is the offending card.









The papers are Blonde Moments ‘Sugar Dumpling’ which I simply adore and the blooms are a mixture of Dunelm, Prima, and others were either punched out or cut on my Craft Robo.
I inked the naked chipboard letters and then covered them in diamond glaze with a touch of glitter added just for luck.
Other finishing touches include ribbon, snaps and gems.

This is the second card.




The number for this one was again cut on my Robo.
The papers are Junkitz ‘Summer Collectionz’ and the extras are star shaped clip and brads and some blue fibres.

7 comments:

Di said...

Hi Sue - thanks for the kind comments on my blog. That sunrise/sunset was truly amazing. I love the cards you haver produced here and even if one did turn out a bit like Kathy's it is still your own work and will not look the same. I love those papers - had the pink heart one as a free paper in a magazine. Don't think I'll have time to do the mid-week challenge this week.

See you are also a Virgo like me (September 5th) - all those perfectionist traits to live with - tough or what :-)

Di

stamp and scrape said...

There is always the danger of using the same materials as someone else. I tend to make my card before looking at any others, then if there is a repeat it's an accident (or happy coincidence). These are both super - those Blond Moments papers are such fun to use - and you've made yours beautifully.
Ros

Kathy said...

hehehe! you're welcome - actually, you've got loads more going on that I had on mine and it looks better for it - I was never totally happy with my version so maybe I'll go back and have another bash....

The 2nd card is fab - I love those papers, I think I might need some!

Lythan said...

Both those cards are absolutely perfect Sue - but then I wouldn't expect anything else from you!

Andrea, said...

Brilliant cards, I love the concertina one and the other is such great colours

mum-on-the-run said...

Both great cards, love the papers on both!

Gillian said...

Just Beautiful Sue, love the 'Kathy' card, it's really lush and lovely!!!!