Saturday 14 July 2012

Golden Years

I’ve finally finished another card that I’ve been working on, but not before I realized I’d made a fundamental error with it and had to do a quick alteration this morning.



As you can see, it’s a Golden Wedding Anniversary card that’s intended for some friends of my brother.

It was only while I was blog hopping for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday   that I saw another Golden Wedding card made by Lisa.   I commented that she had used a die that was very similar to the one that I was using on my card and that was when I realized my mistake.  Stupid me had put a 60 in the centre as opposed to the 50 that it should have been….........I ask you........what a numb skull!

All I can say is a big thank you to Lisa for making her card because if she hadn’t I’m not sure I would have noticed my error and it would have been really embarrassing, especially if my brother didn’t notice it either. Anyway, it’s done now.


I’ve used up quite a few Peel-Off corners which I’m a big fan of as it goes. I know Peel-Off get a lot of bad press but I find the corners and borders so useful and the occasional butterfly too, like the one on my card from yesterday.



I’m entering my card into the following challenges:-

UnstampaBells Challenges -  Celebrations

The Craft Place  - Anything Goes

I think this one is ok because my card is the same as the sketch but obviously you can't see the top bit because of the way it's folded.
Fetch-a-Sketch - Sketch

Card Stock and Papers - Craft Creations White Hammer & Gold Mirri - Hot Of The Press Vellum
Distress Ink – Scattered Straw
Dies – Memory Box La Rue Flourish – Nestabilities Standard Circles Large & Small – Sizzlets Girls are Weird Numbers – Cuttlebug Asterisks(Vellum flowers)
Peel-Offs – Craft Creations
Flowers - Boutique Fleur Mulberry Roses
Pearls – Bling Bling
Diamanté – Anita’s Tiny Gems
Glitter – Platinum Stickles

Computer generated Greeting and Insert.

Have a great day and thanks for your visit.

Happy Crafting!

Sue
x

9 comments:

lisa said...

That's what friends are for, Sue. It's an easy mistake to make, all these special anniversaries can get a bit confusing. It's only that I've done several in the last few years that I didn't have to check. I'm glad I helped anyway.
Your card is stunning, I love the roses and yes, we did use similar dies. I have that one too!!!! but I'd already cut out two of the other one for something else so just decided to put them together.
I hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Annie said...

Such a special card Sue. Love the design.
Hugs,
A x

Merry said...

Beautiful card, that die you have used behind the '50' is so fine and delicate. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Susan Hogan said...

Fabulous card and I am sure the recipients will love it and your brother will be very grateful! Love those corners - they give it such a rich look. Thanks for entering this in the Unstampballes Celebration Challenge.

CathyC said...

beautiful card - I am a fan of peel-offs too ;-) thanks for joining in the celebrations challenge at UnstampaBelles

HuggiesCrafts said...

This is such a stunning card. I really like the way you've used the stickers and the die is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us in the Unstampabeles challenge this month.

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Very elegant and gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Unstampabelles!

Trudie said...

Hey we all make mistakes from time to time. This is beautiful and although I am not a fan of peel offs these corners are gorgeous..... I thought they were a new die I hadn't seen and needed!!! Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place.
Trudie xx

Lauren T said...

I really love the flowers you've used. Thee peel-offs look great in the corners. Thanks for playing at UnstampaBelles.