Wednesday 9 November 2011

Withdrawal Symptoms WOYWW (#127)



What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday is here again, hosted by the lovely Julia over at The Stamping Ground and having missed last week’s round of desk hopping I’m suffering for withdrawal symptoms. It’s a scary thought, only having missed just one week but it feels like not seeing your family for a while and I really missed it.
Still, I’m here to make up for it this week and the picture of my desk shows the mess it was left in last night.



I’ve still been chipping away at the old Christmas Cards, some of which I need to finish today because I’m meeting up with the lady they are for tomorrow. We are going to the West End to see Priscilla, Queen of the Desert , so I thought if I could get them finished I could save her the cost of me posting them to her.

At the back of the table you can see a few of the cards made from my new MME papers, Lost & Found Christmas and these are every bit are gorgeous as the Lost & Found papers I used in my heritage album……almost too gorgeous to use in fact!



At the front of the desk where I was last working is the start of two more cards (I tend to make them in pairs for some reason) where I have stamped the background to give it a nice marbled effect and then added a pine garland across the top and bottom.

My plan is to hang the baubles you can see from it.


This was the first time I’ve used these Marianne dies and I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with them but in the end I decided to cover the die cuts with distress in, give them a blast of the heat gun to dry them and then randomly dab them with a VersaMark ink pad and Gold emboss them. As it goes I’m quite pleased with the Vintage look I’ve achieved so I’ll definitely be doing some more.

On the other end of my table is my lap tray that I dumped there last night, covered with beads.


For the last week or so I’ve been cross stitching in the evenings while catching up on my favorite TV programs but last night when I settled down to watch The Jury I thought I would get my bead box out and crack on with a Christmas present that I wanted to make.

I finished up making a necklace, two bracelets and two pairs of earrings and I still have loads of the beads left to make some more bits.




So that’s it from me for another week.

My countdown to Christmas has well and truly begun because I have something special on now every week until the big day starting with Priscilla and an Itallian meal tomorrow.
The following weekend I’m going down to Bournemouth, the next weekend I going to Cologne to the Christmas Markets, the next week it a show at a local theatre and a girly night out for a meal, then our yearly Christmas show at the Royal Albert Hall and the following weekend is Christmas…Phew!

And in-between that little lot I’ll be trying to say on track for my Slimming World weigh in on a Thursday mornings, which isn’t going to be easy. I joined three weeks ago and am really hoping to break through the half stone tomorrow when I go, so wish me luck.

Right then, I really need to crack on and get these cards finished so I don’t expect to be calling in on you today (well may be this evening) but I’ll definitely be round at some point to see what you’re all up to.

Bye for now and thanks for stopping by.

Happy Crafting!

Sue
x

19 comments:

Sarah said...

wow it's all going on today and you are making up for lost time! Great colours on your cards and time for fab jewellery too! Thanks for the peek! Sarah at 14.

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely cards and great jewellery you made. :)

lisa said...

Wow, I feel worn out, Sue. You are so busy!!!
Those cards are gorgeous. I need to get a move on with mine!!
You have so many lovely outings planned too. Enjoy your trip to the theatre. I used to love going but haven't been for years, must make more of an effort I think!!
I missed WOYWW last week too and I know exactly what you mean!!
Have a great week
Hugs Lisax #74

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh I just LOVE all the things on your post today!!
I so enjoy visiting to see what you've been up to and never disapointed!

Anonymous said...

Those die cuts look fab and will make great cards - your desk looks lovely and creative - sounds like you had a very creative night and have a busy run up to the festive season. thanks for sharing

Bea

Annie said...

Hi Sue,
I’m doing a quick dash round as many desks as I can in my coffee break [yes I do allow myself a coffee break :-) ] to see what everyone's been up to. So much fab creativity going on everywhere I go. It’s really brilliant.
Keep doing what you do best and have a great week
Hugs,
Annie x #51

Kendra-Sue and Jamie said...

Your cards are stunning. I hope you are able to get them done on time.

l00pyscraftcreations said...

Oh good luck with the half stone!! Hope you achieved it.
I think mines going to be decorated clothing this year, but then again it might not be lol

have fun visiting

Have fun

Happy WOYWW Lou #44

HeARTworks said...

Wow! What a lot of lovely stuff going on in your desk! I love those dies! And you're certainly going to be busy these coming weeks. Be sure to take time to rest! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Marjo said...

Gorgeous Christmas Cards, Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hope you are having a wonderful WOYWW.

xoxo Marjo

Hazel said...

Came here from WOYWW - lovely to visit you again - so much lovely crafting going on (love the MME papers too). Enjoy all your plans leading up to Christmas and good luck with the weightloss (Hazel WOYWW #89)

Anonymous said...

Love the Christmas papers and the cards look super, altogether a very interesting desk. Enjoy your days out. Laura

bohemiannie! art said...

lots of great stuff going on here!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love those bauble/garland cards - tres chic!! Your jewellery is lovely too, but then I'm a sucker for beads and anything sparkly, as is probably becoming apparent in WOYWW! You sound as busy as me in the runup to Chrstmas - see you in 2012!
Hugs, LLJ #42 xx

Anonymous said...

Gosh lady, slow down a bit!! You'll be the one in the New Year going "what the heck happened to 2011, it just whizzed by!!". Love those Christmas cards, so beautiful, what's the pine branch stamp you've used. Very pretty jewellery too. Enjoy the theatre trip.

Hugs
Brenda 88

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW what a lot of busy creativity! Good for You. Love the die ornaments, vary danity. Great designs on all the items you shared. Have fun with weigh in..it is the hardest thing to lose a few pounds. Just have to really be tough on oneself. Enjoy your week

Twiglet said...

Wow Sue you are going to be busy - do let us know what Pricilla is like - it sounds like a good show to me. I love your C cards so far. I have been making a few today with flowers cut from fabric with the cuttlebug and I have been making tiny dresses for baby Lexi too. x Jo

Angie said...

I missed you last week. LOVE all your cards ...they are amazing.
Sounds as though you have a brilliant run up to Xmas ...looking forward to hearing about your trips as they occur.xx

Di said...

Hi Sue! Phew, so much going on! Enjoy Cologne Christmas Markets - a regular trip for me but sadly not this year - I can carry your case if you like? :)) Di xx