Wednesday 8 June 2011

Long Time, No Play.

Hi guys, well it’s an age since I’ve joined in a dare with my old DT buddies over at the The Daring Cardmaker’s so this week I’ve decided is the week to get back into it and playing along for fun.

The theme this week is the Flower of the Month series that runs all year and that means Roses or Honeysuckle because they are the flowers for June.

I’ve used sketch #118 from Inspirational Card Sketches and I’m hoping it’s a lucky omen because 118 just happens to be my house number.


Here's what I've done with it.


I’ve covered my card blank using two K & Co papers, stamping on the lighter one with a VersaMark ink pad and giving it a dusting of eye shadow (my version of chalks). The ribbon, complete with ribbon slide was wrapped around the paper as I was sticking it to the card.

I stamped the rose using Black Memento Ink and coloured it with ProMarkers. It was then cut into an oval, the edges distressed and inked and then it was layered and mounted onto the card.

Next I added a few finishing touches; Gold Card Candi and a Birthday Greeting from Craftworks Cards,some Crystal Lacquer to the petals and leaves and a rose charm which incidentally was Silver to start with but I've coloured it with a Gold Krylon pen.



Patterned Papers
Classic K McKenna Pad – K & Co

Rubber Stamps
Rubber Stampede – Antique Rose
Artemio - Arabesque 2

Equipment
Craft Creations – Embossed Hammer Card Stock
Craftworks Cards – Card Candi & Birthday Greeting
Ranger Distress Ink – Victorian Velvet
ProMarkers – Antique Pink, Dusky Rose, Pastel Pink, Cool Grey1 & Blender

Stash
Satin Ribbon
Ribbon Slide
Metallic Thread


13 comments:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

What a lovely card, that rose image is just perfect! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Lythan said...

there are so many lovely details on this card Sue. Thanks for joining in with DCM this week - its good to have you back!

Lynda said...

What a beautiful rose image Sue and a beautiful card!

Love Lynda xxx

Dawn♥ said...

Lovely card Sue. That rose is just stunning. Great job using the sketch from ICS. Thank you for joining us. Dawn♥

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Sue!! This is so pretty!! I love your take on the sketch and your colors! :) hope all is well!! HUGS

Leo said...

Very crafty use of eye shaddow :)
Great card, thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers! xx Leo

AN said...

Oi-miten kaunis kortti sinulta tähän ICS-haasteeseen!
Onnea arvontaan
aurinkoista kesää sinulle!

lisa said...

Your rose is beautiful, Sue. I meant to say thanks for the eyeshadow tip, I'd never have thought of that and I have some I don't use in the drawer. They'll find a new use now.
hugs Lisax

Oscar said...

Gorgeus card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!

Jessica Theodore said...

love your colouring of the rose, Thanks for playing at ICS x

Kathy said...

I was thrilled to bits to see your name on the links list, Sue!
Your card is so beautiful - your colouring is just stunning.
Wonderful to have you joining in with The Daring Cardmakers again
xxx

Susie Little said...

Gorgeous roses! thank you for playing at ICS x

Noor Nahdi said...

That rose is so unique!!! Lovely card Sue...
Thanks for playing with us at ICS this week!!!
~Noor N. (June Guest Designer)