Tuesday 5 May 2009

Papertake (May 4th) & 21st Birthday Cards

Today I’ve been working on a few more orders and I’ve incorporated the template from this weeks Papertake challenge.

I really enjoyed working from this template and it’s one that I will definitely use again.

Here’s my card:-

Lots of texture on this one with the embossing and also some doodling for good measure.

Card Blank– Craft Creations
Papers – We R memory Keepers (Precious Metal) Memory Stor (Costco Kit)
Rubber Stamp – Fun Stamps (V W Beetle) Stamps Away (Happy Birthday)
Inks – Ranger Distress Ink (Peeled Paint) Versa Fine (Black)
Embossing Folders – Cuttlebug (Spots & Dots & Tiny Bubbles)

Other Bits
Brads
Fibres


Now I’ll show you some of what I was working on over the weekend.

The first thing I did was to finish off the 21st Birthday book that I was doing for my Nephew Lee from his Granddad.
I showed you the work in progress a couple of weeks back and I can show you the finished book but I've put it in a separate post because there are quite a lot of photos.
I also had to do two other 21st cards for him too. This is the one that I made from Lee’s uncle.
The inspiration for this came from a card that Lythan made for a DCM dare. She had hidden the age under a circle that twists round to reveal it but I actually did mine the other way round, with the age on the front and message hidden underneath.



Card Blank– Craft Creations
Papers – Basic Grey (Granola)
Inks – Ranger Distress Ink (faded Jeans)
Pen – Sharpie (Black)
Embossing Folders – Cuttlebug (Spots & Dots)
Border Embossing Punch – Martha Stewart
Shape Cutter – Creative Memories (Circles)
Paper Punch – Woodware (Small Circle, Peach)
Alphabet Stickers – American Traditional Designs

Other BitsBrads
Ribbon
Photo Anchor



By the time I finally got around to making my own card for Lee I had totally run out of ideas.

I remembered this card in a copy of PaperCrafts Inspiration, designed by the extremely talented Jo Kill

Seeing as I was planning on giving Lee money for his birthday I thought Jo’s card would work well, so I’m afraid that mine is a blatant copy……….I hope you will forgive me Jo.




Card Blank– Craft Creations
Papers – Memory Stor (Costco Kit)
Inks – Ranger Distress Ink (Antique Linen)
Embroidery Thread – Anchor
Buttons – Basic Grey (Boxer)
Alpha Rub Ons – Autumn Leaves (Twenty) Hambly Screen Prints (One)
Circle Tiles – Sticko (Mosaic Stickers)
Alpha Peel Offs – Craft Creations

Other Bits£20 Notes – From my pension. Lol!




2 comments:

Julie said...

Nicely done, I do like the top card

Mrs Mayne said...

Great collection of cards Sue! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!