Monday 9 February 2009

Di Hickman #1 (4th Feb)



No actual card making for me as yet today because I’ve been out on a shopping spree this morning. I was looking for some new clothes for my holiday, mind you it’s not stopped raining so far today and it’s hard trying to think about t-shirts and shorts when all I want to do is curl up in front of the fire and not set foot out side of the house.

I did do some cardmaking yesterday thought, so I do have something to share with you.

I used Di Hickman’s template as the basis of this card.


I went with a stamped image that my lovely friend Lythan gave me…how cute are these cats!

I’ve painted them with Distress inks, cut out each of the nine little panels out and mounted each one onto 3D foam so it stands out from the card.

I’ve also added some texture to one of the panels by running it through my Cuttlebug and then highlighting the pattern with wax metallic run on’s.


Card Stock – Craft Creations
Patterned Papers – Basic Grey – Perhaps
Stamp – I think it’s Inkadinkado but can’t be sure
Inks – Distress Ink (Tattered Rose, Dried Marigold & Antique Linen)
Embossing Folder – Cuttlebug (Floral Fantasy)
Die – Sizzlets Hunky Dory Alphabet
Large Brad – Basic Grey Archaic
Pen - Staedtler Triplus Fineliner (Brown)

Other Bits
Ribbon
Silk Flowers
Cat Paw Button
Fish Bone Charm
Wax Metallic Rub On (Gold)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH wow!! How cute is this!! Look at all those cute kitties!! :)

Spot-On said...

oh too cute! Love the stamped blocking! Thanks for joining in the sketch challenge!