Thursday 12 February 2009

CPS #101

I didn’t get around to doing this sketch from CPS. last week,

partly because I simply run out of time and the other reason was I was waiting for some particular rubber stamps to arrive.

You may recall that I was asking for some help a few days back when I was looking for stamps or images relating to line dancing….well as soon a saw the sketch it occurred to me that if I turned it up side down and turned my A5 card into a tend fold opening it could be made to look like a country-n-western style shirt……well that was the theory anyway!

Rhi over on the Daring Cardmakers pointed me in the direction of a great free font and Sue from the Tanda Teaser Team (that’s a mouthful to say Lol!) suggested a cowboy boot and also a text stamp that might work for me.
Thanks for your help girls and to Angela who also made a suggestion!

Anyway, I popped over to Tanda and had a look at the stamps Sue had mentioned and decided not to go with the text stamp but ordered the boot and a cowboy hat instead.
Now I just have to mention here the fab customer service and quick turnaround of orders that Andrew (the owner) always manages.
Not only did my stamps arrive within two days with a little hand written note on the bottom, he had also enclosed two free stamps which fitted in with the theme.
So this is recommend for Tanda Stamps and a big thank you to Andrew.

Here’s the card I made:-

My brief was to make a Blue Line dancing themed card so I went off in search of papers and found just what I was looking for on my Funky Hand ‘Now That’s Funky’ CD, in the Mans World collection.

I stamped and embossed the images directly onto the paper and then part coloured then with glitter gel pen.
The next thing was the computer printed greeting and for that I used the fabby font that Rhi had suggested. It great because the letters look like step directions.
Card – Craft Creation
Papers – Funky Hand CD
Inks – Versa Color (Black) Ranger Distress Ink (Faded Jeans)
Embossing Powder – Fun Stamps (Clear)
Rubber Stamp – Tanda Stamps (Cowboy Hat & Boot)
Dies – Nestabilities
Rhinestones - Kandi Kane Hot Fix gems
Gems – Anita’s Tiny Gems (Gem Wheel)

Other Bits
Blue Cord
White Embroidery Thread
Gel Pen (Blue)
Computer Printed Greeting

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome!! What a fabby creation!! Great take on the sketch!! TFS! ;)

Anice said...

This is a brilliant card! The font you have used for the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for making my papers look so great.
Anice xx (Funky Hand)

sue law said...

Great card Sue....glad that Tanda came up with the perfect stamps for you!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wonderful work Sue!