Friday 9 January 2009

DCM - Tis the Season.......to Recycle!

It’s been another one of those weeks full of doctor’s, dentist’s, and vet’s appointments again but I’ve still managed to fit in some time for my card making and a card for this weeks Daring Cardmakers challenge.


'Tis the Season.......to Recycle!

We'd like you to do your bit for the planet and make a card using some recycled items.Yes, we know we've done similar challenges in the past, but some things are good to revisit and this is one of them - it gets us looking at stuff we might be throwing away and asking ourselves if there's some card-making mileage to be had from it.And besides, it's FREE! If you can use something rescued from Christmas rubbish (scraps from cards, decorations etc) - then you get double points! lol

It's double points for me then!!
We had some beautiful Gold sparkly Christmas Crackers this year and I managed to hold on to a piece of one of them just in case we had a dare to recycle something from Christmas…….very prudent it would seem!
I also kept some lovely sheer ribbon with satin edges that one of my pressies was tied with and have managed to incorporate both in my card.

I think my card has a bit of a Vintage feel to it, with some embossing, inking and torn edges adding to the layered look.


Card – Craft Creations Embossed Linen
Papers – Basic Grey Sugared
Inks – Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
Dies – Ellison, Tipsy Hearts

Other BitsRecycled Gold Glittery card
Recycled Ribbon
Eyelets
Paper Flowers
Computer generated greeting

4 comments:

Kathy said...

This is such a lovely card, I love that vintage-romantic thing that you've got going on with this one, Sue

Lythan said...

this is a beautiful card Sue. You are really good at the vintage look. And you were clever to photograph the before. Why didn't I think of that?!

Julie M said...

Hi Sue. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog for last week's dare. I am laughing as I look at your gorgeous card on this post, as I used the exact same background paper on a card last week and, guess what, I used recycled Amazon packaging on it too - I guess that's my dare done for this week!!! Julie xx

Hazel said...

Gorgeous card - and also love the Di H sketch one. Hope the gums are feeling less sore now. x