Tuesday 23 December 2008

Catching up.......again!

Oh my! Yet another week has passed and I’ve managed to miss another Daring Cardmakers launch day with my card.
Actually the girls had prior notice that I would be late with my card this week because I had a very special house guest coming all the way from Switzerland to stay for the weekend, ……..my wonderful friend Nicki.

As you can imagine, there was no crafting going on.
What little time we had was spent chatting, eating and going to the Christmas Sing-A-Long at the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday afternoon, the main reason for Nicki’s visit.
I had mentioned that we go every year and what a great start to the festivities it always makes and because Nicki had never been to the Royal Albert Hall she decided to come over for it.....how great was that!
We had a fantastic time but before we knew where we were, it was over and Nicki had to return home. Still, I will cherish the wonderful memory of Nicki being the only one standing up in the Royal Albert Hall while singing Frosty the Snowman…….ok…it may have only been for a second or two but it was funny!

She sends her love and says ‘hi’ to those of you from Crafts By Carolyn and anyone else who knows her.


Anyway, with the weekend over and Nicki no longer here to distract me (my excuse) I was able to start catching up with things today.


The week before last I said I was going to update my blog but I never got around to it because things have just been so manic. I’m still up to my armpits with Christmas preparations but at least I’ve managed to make my card for this weeks dare…….well I’ve made two as it happens!

But before I show you those I’ll show you the card I made for the previous dare. The card was on the DCM blog but I just didn't find the time to put on here.

The brief was to make a card in around 10 minutes which was perfect for me considering how little time I seem to have at the moment.

My card was very plain and very simple.


Now this week’s 'team' dare was a bit more of a challenge.
It’s easy to use just Gold or Sliver on a card but much more difficult to incorporate them both together.

For the first card I made I took the easy option and just used Gold on its own.

Then I decided to have another go and used both the Gold and Silver.


So there you have it!

There’s no dare next week and the way things are going I’m not sure how much time I will have to get on here anyway.
I would just like to thank everyone who visits my blog and those that leave wonderful messages. Believe me, they are always appreciated.
I would also like to say a big thank you to all of you who have supported The Daring Cardmakers since it started a little over two years ago and made it as successful as it is today.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the holiday in whatever way suites you best
Lots of Love
Sue
x x x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sound like you had a blast - I can picture it now and I am cracked up!!

Have a Happy Christmas xxxxxx

Jackie said...

Glad you and Nicki had a good time.
Merry Christmas Sue. xx

tiggertastic said...

your cards are stunning, i just love the 1st card, they way you have done this is so effective.

many thanks for your kind messages on my blog.

Happy Christmas, Sarah x

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Beautiful cards. Merry Christmas to you all.
x Natasha x

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... I can see that my performance has been immortalised!

In my defence I can only say, that the words to Frosty clearly state: "began to dance around".

It is really not my fault if the lighting is not sufficent in the Albert Hall to know exactly WHO is expected to begin to dance around, is it!?!?!?!

An absolute BLAST was had by all - and Sue's descent reditions of practically every song will remain ringing in my ears for months to come!

Bring on the good old British Christmas spirit - at least for a few hours in the simply stunning Albert Hall - what a place!!! I was almost speechless when I saw it.


Lots of love
Nicki (now safely and silently back in Switzerland!!)

PS Gorgeous cards by the way Sue - where do you find the time??????