Wednesday 12 November 2008

Gainsborough's Blue Boy

I’m sure that most of you will have heard of or seen the painting by Gainsborough called Blue Boy.

Well as of the night before last I have acquired my very own Blue Boy…..in the shape of BoJangles my cat.

He’s recently taken a liking to sleeping in the little round wicker basket that I keep my cross stitch threads and other bits and bobs in when I’m working on something and the night before last was no different.

But when I woke up in the morning I had to do a double take. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me because Bo, my Black, White and Ginger cat now has nice Blue patches too.




Sometime during the night, and I’m not quite sure how, he managed to get the lid off the Blue Highlighter that I use to make off my charts as I work and as you can see the result is rather colourful.
Not only that, I can’t get it to come off so he’s going to have to live with it for a while.

Guess I should be grateful that it wasn’t the Pink one I was using!

4 comments:

Esther said...

At leastyou can tell he is your cat!!! Great photos! and funny story :)

Kathy said...

ohhhhhhh my goodness what a naughty cat!
got to laugh, haven't you?

Heather said...

This really had me giggling. I brought back memories of when my children were toddlers - they painted the blak dog we had bright yellow. Ever seen a black and yellow spotted dog - hilarious.
My cat is usually covered with glitter (I'm a messy crafter) but that the worst that happens to him.
hugs Heather xx

strawberry fields said...

This is hilarious!!!