Friday 19 September 2008

DCM - All Mixed Up

I don’t know about you but I always struggle making cards for the opposite sex and as if making cards for the men in our lives isn’t hard enough, Tracey over at the Daring Cardmakers wants us to mix things up a little this week.

How come the majority of girls cards are pink and flowery and the boys are blue and have absolutely no flowers at all? What about cars for girls??? hmmm? This week Tracie wants you to mix up those genders and create cards with a little bit of something not normally found for that sex.

I suppose I could have gone for the ever-so-slightly, easier option of Blue for a girl but never being one to shy away from a challenge I went for a Pink and flowery card for a man.


Finding suitable Pink paper was my first priority, so I headed straight to my new ‘Now That’s Funky’ CD from Funky Hand which has a nice selection of designs and an option to print them in different colour ranges.

I’ve chosen the Pink and Gray papers for this card, so I printed off two different ones that I thought would work and the Happy Birthday Greeting and backer that were also on the CD.

The main picture is actually a kids colouring page that I’ve downloaded.
I printed it twice, coloured it with Prisma Color Pencils and then decoupage it onto the card. I also decided to add another pot of Geraniums to the picture, using a stamp from a Stick ‘n’ Stamp’ set that I have.

Finally I’ve added a hand made ribbon slide, secured with two large brads and a photo anchor.

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Gorgeous card - just shows that we can mix things up - and why not flowers for men?

Lythan said...

What an amazing card Sue. I love all the layering

Anice said...

Fab card Sue. The layering is great. I didn't even recognise those papers!! It always amazes and pleases me what other crafters can do with the papers I never even thought of!!
Anice xx