Tuesday 8 April 2008

DCM - We've Folded!

Once again the weekend has flown by and I’m pleased to say that I survived the family coming to dinner on Sunday. Not a big deal cooking for six you would think but when you’re only used to cooking for one it’s a bit different. I think it went well and everyone enjoyed the food…well all except the Pavlova that didn’t happen.
I followed Delia’s instructions to the letter, cooked it for 1 hour on gas mark one then turned it off and left it in the over overnight to cool but when I tried to put it on the serving plate the following morning the inside was just a gungy mess and not in the least edible. We ended up having just Strawberries and cream!


Anyway, with the cooking disaster out of the way it was time for me to make my card for this weeks Little Extra over at the Daring Cardmakers

This weeks mid week dare is inspired by Rachel and is called ‘Folded’!
This is not folds in the card blank itself, but rather folds ON the card- whether it be some kind of paper folding technique or folded embellishments or even just a folded over message of some type.

I decided on a square card covered with ‘dream’ paper and topped with a hand cut Lacé square which was folded back on it’s self to reveal the back of the double sided paper and the backing paper.
The next thing I needed to do was make the folded flower with the aid for my ‘Pretty Petals’ design template. I chose to make the Amaryllis from White parchment paper and to do that I needed to cut five of the petals and one centre.

I then decorated each petal with embossing and pricking, using Pergamano techniques and then folded and assembled the flower with a large Brown brad. I printed the two Happy Birthday tags, cut them with my Cuttlebug and attached them to the card with some Pink fibres.


The components were:-

Papers – My Mind’s Eye, Trés Jolie & HOTP Earth Tones Cardmakers Creative Pack
Parchment Paper - Canson
Cuttlebug Mini Tag Die
Dovecraft – Pretty Petals Design Template
Fibres and Brads from my stash

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Your card is gorgeous, so soft and pretty and oh so complicated - your skill and patience are just amazing.

The cross stitch looks great - I wonder what its for this time????

Now Sue, you know how I feel about moggied - but even I have to agree that these pics are cute. Nut don't tell anyone I said so it'll damage my street cred

SharonL said...

What is that BoJangles like!!! ... he really is a very norty puss at times Sue eh?? :). You love him to bits though dont you LOL
I finally found my Blogger password and name ... what a numpty.
Love the parchment craft that you do Sue .. I wish I had the same amount of patience. Beautiful work as always.
Love, Shal. xx

Fiona said...

What a gorgeous picture of your cat - great name too