Wednesday 13 February 2008

Another Scrapbook Page.........at last I hear you say!

Why oh why do I struggle so much trying to do pages for my family tree album?
I look at other people’s blogs and they seem to create page after beautiful page with no problem at all but me that just doesn’t happen. The whole process frightens me and what should take two or thee days at the most seems to take me three weeks. I’m totally committed to doing this album though so no matter how long it takes me I will finish it and despite what I’ve just said it really is fun going through all the old photos and finding out about my family’s lives.

These two pages are of my mum’s Aunt Emily and my dad’s Uncle Laurie on their wedding day back in 1927. I may have mentioned this before but it was Great Aunt Em who played matchmaker and introduced mum and dad to each other.


The photos I’ve used are all special but the one at the bottom right of the second page is extra special. It’s of the Hyde family and has my Great Grandparents, My Grandparents and my dad aged just 4 years old. Such a wonderful treasure.


So, what went into these pages other than blood, sweet and tears?

Papers - K & Co 12 x 12 Designer Paper pad
Chipboard – Fancy Pants Flourishes
Evergreen Acrylic paint - Making Memories
Cream Fluid Chalk Ink Pad - Color Box
Mandala Rubber Stamp - Not known
Diamond Glaze - Judikins
Metal & Felt Flowers – Paper Mania
Chipboard Letters, Big Brads & Love & Cherish Plaques – Portafolia Scrapbook kit for Cosco
Lace Flowers – My stash

No comments: