Saturday, 29 December 2007

Where did December go?

I can’t believe that it’s been over a month since I last blogged and I feel so naughty for not having taken part in any of the dares and things that were going on.
I’ve just not found the time for ‘fun’ crafting.
I had loads of Christmas card orders and also some birthday cards that I needed to make without all the other Christmas preparations and I also had a little short break to Germany for the Christmas markets so there was simply no time to play.

Our trip to Germany was organised by Alex, an old work colleague of mine. He organizes a trip every year but I’ve only been once before and we went to Cologne on that occasion.
This time we were heading for Wiesbaden, so at 6am on a VERY WINDY Friday morning a full coach load of us set off . Unfortunately our journey was made longer because they had to close the Dartford river crossing due to the bad weather. We sat there in a queue of traffic for over half an hour without moving an inch. The ferries were also running late due to the bad weather conditions and we had a rather choppy crossing to say the least. All in all it turned out to be a very long day, but we eventually arrived at the hotel at around 8pm.

Here’s a picci.

It was a really lovely hotel and very old apparently.
In the foyer we were greeted by the largest Gingerbread house I have ever seen. It must have been at least two feet high and was covered with lots of iced cookies but what made it very special was that every morning there would be a little try of cookies or Stollen placed at the front of it for you to help yourself… nice was that!

(sorry it's a bit out of focus)

Our first evening was spent exploring Wiesbaden’s own little Christmas market and ice rink and then finding something to eat and a nice warming cup of gluevine to drink.
On Saturday we spent the day at the much larger market in Frankfurt. I had a bit of a strange experience here, something which made me cry but I will tell you more about tomorrow .

Then on Sunday we were taken out to the much prettier town of Rüdesheim.

It seemed that no sooner had we got there, the weekend was over and we had to face the long journey home again. It was still 'very' windy and we were told there were force 8 gales in the English Channel so to take our minds off it we decided to treat ourselves to a meal in the Langham's Brasserie on board the boat........very nice!

All in all it was a fantastic weekend and I really do hope to go back one day because there’s so much to see there.

Anyway, I just thought I would pop in and let you all know that I’m still in the land of the living despite the lack of crafting.

These last couple of pictures are of Bo sporting his Red Christmas Day bow and playing with the toys that were in his Christmas stocking.

Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas.

No comments: