Monday 19 November 2007

A Friend To Play At My House

I’ve had a wonderful day today despite the grotty weather because my special friend Lythan came over to my house to play. We’ve not actually managed a get together since the crop in the middle of September so there was loads for us to catch up on and there was lots of chatting and crafting going on.
Lythan brought her new Tilda and Sugar Nellie rubber stamps for me to play with and now I can feel a shopping spree coming on because they were so cute………. and I need them all!
Then, while Lythan was piecing together some cards with images she had stamped and coloured earlier I had a go at making a never ending card. It’s not quite finished yet but I hope to have some photos to show you in the not to distant future. I don’t think it turned out too bad for a first attempt but there’s lots of Gold inking going on to hide some of the not so straight edges. It was fun to make thought and I’ll definitely be having another go.

I've also finally managed to complete last week’s digital scrapbooking lesson and have to say I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself if I’m honest.

In this weeks lesson we were introduced to the wonderful world of brushes and were shown how to load and use them.
This meant some more changes to my layout of an 84 year old hoody and this week they are quite subtle. If you look closely you will see some rather fetching Red scrolls have been added to the White band across the centre of the layout.



Next we were shown how to make our own patterned papers.



Then how to make a brush with our signature on and finally how to make a spotty paper, organising the spacing so it remained uniform throughout.



Now the reason I’m feeling pretty please with myself is because I decided to have a go at making my very own Christmas paper and here it is……drum roll please………



Now I’m eagerly awaiting Lesson 5.

6 comments:

All of my Todays said...

Love your Christmas paper Sue. I have to find the time to have a play with making papers. Finished the lesson just not had time to play. x

Simply Shaz said...

Well Done!!! Your paper is FAB!!! Love it :)))

Dawn Wheeler said...

Brilliant job ,this looks amazing ,Dawnx

Anonymous said...

Love the paper and that layout is just FAB!! :)
Vanessa.

Hazel said...

Fantastic papers, Sue - well done! Love the extras on the LO of dad. Glad you had a fun day with Lythan.

Rhi said...

Oh wow, fantastic Sue! Your papers are gorgeous and that LO is fantastic!