Saturday 10 November 2007

Doing it Digi - Week 3

Ok, well it’s week three of the on-line digital scrapbook course run by Kirsty Wiseman and yet again we’ve made a few changes to the first page we made.

This weeks lesson was really fun because we were taught how to make our own embellishment including buttons and staples and then we went on to being shown how to remove a section of the layout and replace it with some Bazzill type card stock that we also made ourselves.

Here’s my layout ..mark 3!



Then Kirsty set us a new challenge.

Download a free kit from any of the usual sites and use everything in the kit. All the papers, card and embellies. Totally load your page and using drop shadows etc. SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO - I can’t wait to see! Perhaps make some embellies to match (you will know what I mean from class 3 when you see it. you will lOVE class 3!)

Because I’m particularly looking for heritage/vintage style kits I’m finding it a bit hard to come across suitable free ones, so once again I brought mine but it was still only a few pennies so I’m not complaining.
I found a kit designed by Mindy Armour called Spice and it’s just perfect for what I was aiming to do. The kit contained 3 12 x 12 papers, 3 ribbons, 2 guitar picks, 2 photo fasteners, a brad and a Journaling block and every thing in the kit was used. I even made some matching triangular buttons…..actually, these turned out better than the ones I did for the lesson. Lol!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're both lovely layouts. I love the triangular buttons!

Hazel said...

Enjoyed looking through the gorgeous LOs - particularly love the 'together forever' and, of course, the 'hoody'.

All of my Todays said...

Great layout for the challenge. I might try those triangle buttons they look brilliant. x

Anonymous said...

Love your digi layouts, the course is fab and you seem to be mastering it well :D