Sunday 28 October 2007

A Virgin Digi Scrapper No Longer

Hi all,
Well, I’ve now had the appointment with my own optician and he was able to reassure me a little bit about the problems I have with eye, so as of tomorrow it’s back to the card making and all the challenges with a vengeance.

Even though I've had a bit of a break away from crafting I've still managed to do a few bits over the last couple of day including some cards and I've even managed to make my very first digital scrapbook page thanks to the 6 week course that Kirsty Wiseman is running.

Kirsty says the first lesson is very basic and I guess it was really but I can’t tell you how I pleased I was to master it and can’t wait until my second lesson is emailed to me this evening so I can learn some more amazing techniques.

This is the page we did for the first class following Kirsty's clearly set out steps.



After doing this page Kirsty then challenged us to go to http://www.ikeagoddess.blogspot.com/, find a freebie kit that we like and then create a page in our own style, using the techniques we had learned in the first lesson.
I decided to used a photo of my great, great grandmother which I have already scrapped the conventional way and see what I could come up with and here it is.

Digi Page

Conventional Page
Have to say I’m really cuffed with the results but I couldn’t have done it without the most gorgeous kit called Lovely (very apt!) that I found on http://petitmoineaux.blogspot.com/ and the simple and clear steps set out by Kirsty……….and believe me they had to be simple and clear where I’m concerned!

4 comments:

All of my Todays said...

I love your old hoody!! The ones of your great grandma are beautiful. x

Anonymous said...

ROFL an 84 yr old hoody.. whatever next!! Fabulous fun layout though Susan :D
I adore the one of your of your Great Great Grandmother and it is every bit as stunning as your conventional layout was... way to go!!
I can't wait for the next bit of the course :)

Hazel said...

Superb LOs, Sue - love the 84 yr old hoody one! Glad to hear that you're able to craft again. Take care of your eyes - very precious, as you well know (hope dad is doing OK) xx

Kathy said...

these are fab, Sue - I've not tried digi stuff at all. Love the idea of the 84 yr old hoody!