Wednesday 26 September 2007

Cars, Boats, Trains & Planes................

Ooooo this reminds me of the song ‘Trains and Boats and Planes’ written by Burt Bacharach and sung by Dionne Warwick from wayyyyy back when I was just a little girl but in actual fact it’s the mid week Little Extra’ from the Daring Cardmakers

Cars, Boats, Trains & Planes
is the theme for our Little Extra challenge this week. A good chance to stock up on kids cards and make a few of those poor, unloved "cards for men", maybe? How about "congratulations on Passing your Driving test" or "Got your Wings" for newly qualified pilots? - ok so we may be reaching a bit far with that one, but you never know! Basically, what we'd like you to do is put some transport on your cards this week, how you do it is up to you!


Here’s what I came up with:-



The little sailing boat is an unmounted stamp that I brought on ebay, stamped in Black pigment ink, embossed with clear embossing powder and then painted with watercolour pencils.

I layered the image on Green and White card stock and attached it to the card with eyelets. I've also cut some circles from the same Green card and some patterned paper (sorry, don’t know what that was) which were attached to the card with big white Papermania brads.

The card has been finished off with my usual inking around the edges and you’ll also notice that I’ve attempted to do a bit of doodling but I’m not sure it worked to be honest.

13 comments:

Kathy said...

Love this, Sue. Great stamp and I love the ric rac and the little "life belts" - they all look fab

Jackie said...

Hi Sue, how are you doing?
Love the card. I've got that stamp too, it is just so cute!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Very cute! The first thing I noticed was the doodling around the rick rack, and I think it worked! This is very cute!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and posting a comment! I'll be checking back often!

Andrea, said...

Great card, love that stamp and the ribbon looks fab

Leigh said...

This is gorgeous Sue, love it - especially the doodling.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabby colours Sue. Love the boat.

My Paper World said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the little eyelets!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous. I love it.:)
Vanessa.

Juliet said...

Lovely card Sue - love the colours and the doodling definately works!

Saffa said...

Oh Sue,,I really really really like this! Love the image and the colours are gorgeous..I use a lot of olive/lime green!!

xxSaffa

Angelnorth said...

Very cute. Do I recognise a PixieDust stamp there? I like the doodling round the ricrac, I think it's a nice finishing touch and makes it just that little bit different.

Em said...

I really love the colours you've used on this card Sue - well done you!

Shirley said...

How cute and bright and cheerful too!